Sunday, October 23, 2005

WORD WEEK 10-23-05 WAIT ON THE LORD!


WAIT ON THE LORD
Psalm 27: 1-14 KJV
1The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. 3Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. 4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple. 5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. 6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD. 7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. 8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. 9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation. 10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.11 Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies. 12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. 13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.


We live in a rapidly paced world that blatantly beckons to each of us that anything worth having must be accessed, not later, but immediately...right now! We live in a paradox of some of the best times, yet some of the worst times. So very often people long to be set free of their burdens and long for relief that seems to be ever-fleeting!

Ironically, in a world of ATMs, microwave ovens, Internet, emails, cellular telephones, Fax's, widescreen television, and accelerated travel, GOD'S people are still left, when it is all finished, with a sense of no fulfillment and a deeper sense of longing; i.e., for soul satisfaction! This yearning, oftentimes, leaves even those who can readily access the aforementioned in a state to quest for even more at an even faster pace. Consequently, we aspire to achieve and acquire more at a more accelerated pace like that of mice on a treadmill; i.e., running fast and tiring ourselves out, but going nowhere!

Significantly, patience has become a high-ticketed item, while impatience, a lack of tolerance, a shortage of empathy, and convenient compassion are all the amenities of the day. Patience and the desire to defer and wait to be blessed by the LORD are such rarities that are encountered in a world that is in dire need of the balm of healing and the healing-agent of time coupled with the orchestration of GOD'S DIVINE GRACE, which cannot and will never be rushed!

David in Psalm 27 reminds us 1] that the LORD is our light in the midst of darkness; 2] that instances in which our undermining is plotted, that GOD always provides a way out; 3] that the LORD GOD will elevate us when it appears that all opportunities have closed to us; 4] that when we cry unto the LORD, that HE always responds with attention and tender care; 5] that when false witness are risen up against us socially, economically, politically, ethnically, and spiritually, that the LORD is faithful and plenteous in liberation!

However, BELOVED, the one critical requirement that is before us each of us warrants that each man and woman
WAIT ON THE LORD!

Yes, WAIT ON THE LORD, which is a very active process because it requires temperance, modulation, patience, trust, hope, and faith!

David, reminds us the act of waiting is a blessed gift from GOD which enables us to rest, grow, reflect, and develop insights necessary for the our journey to integration and wholeness! David, reminds us that world in which we live is moving at such a pace of frenzy, that he would have fainted in the "now here" unless he believed that he would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living!

So, you are probably asking yourself, "What does it mean to
WAIT ON THE LORD? WAITING ON THE LORD means that in the meantime that we are required to place our trust in the triumph of our hope over the presence of our experiences through JESUS CHRIST who can do ALL THINGS!!! Consequently, WAITING ON THE LORD requires that we turn it loose and turn not some of it, but all of it over to the auspices of GOD!

Isaiah, who predates David, knew the divine benefit in waiting on the LORD.
He tells us, "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31


Will you turn it over today?

Will your continue to run like mice on a treadmill?

Will you trust GOD?

Will you wait on the LORD today?

THE RESPONSE:

"Wait on the LORD and be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait I say on the LORD!"



K. Mason
(c) 2005
For your convenience, all of the links to Plethora Ministries sites are listed below. All you are required to do is "click" and be blessed! Please pass this on family members, friends, co-workers, and other travelers on their journey to spiritual integration and wholeness.


Blessings
Plethora Ministries
Plethora Ministries
Click here for Web log Page [contains additional reflections not sent via mail and pictures]Comments may be entered in any entry of your choice
Click here for "IT IS WELL" Musical Midi

plethoraministries@yahoo.com
Plethora Ministries
Please spread the word to others you know and if they are interested in receiving the WORD Of Reflection Devotion weekly , please have them send an email to plethoraministries@yahoo.com and state in the subject line: "Request for WORD." Please feel free to write Plethora Ministries with your comments:
K.Mason (c) 2005

No comments: